On 31st December 2020, freedom of movement between the United Kingdom and the European Union will end. From 1st January, a new points-based immigration system will apply to people arriving in the UK. As part of this, EU citizens moving to the UK to work will need to get a visa in advance. This will pose a number of challenges to HR professionals and recruiters, as it’s critical to review your recruitment process to ensure that they can maintain right to work compliance.
At our “How to Be Brexit Ready with Robust Background Screening” webinar, we heard from industry expert Josh Welch who gave us insight on how your business can prepare for and address the upcoming challenges posed by Brexit.
- A roundup of the current Brexit situation
- Challenges and trends faced by HR professionals and recruiters
- Best practice tips and advice for coping with post-Brexit changes to screening policies
- Insights into how you can reduce time-to-hire, enhance the candidate experience and create greater efficiencies
- Navigating the compliance minefield
- …and much more!
Screening candidates allows employers to verify employee information, conduct the relevant background checks and ensure their right to work. Having the right screening technology in place can save your HR team time and effort.