In a recent interview series, IHR’s Natasha Preocanin sat down, virtually, with Duncan Miller, Cornerstone to discuss some of the main challenges talent acquisition teams are facing today and how the recent pandemic has forced new ways of thinking and accelerated a new way of recruiting.
Adding to high expectations from candidates and employees, the pandemic has accelerated the need for organisations to humanise workers and provide them with a social safety net. The current environment has meant employees value human connection and transparency more than ever. Employees want to find new ways to stay connected to peers and managers, be well communicated to by management and know that expectations of them change as circumstances do. There is also increased involvement for organisations in providing mental health support and providing a culture of inclusiveness, even virtually.
- The importance of authenticity in the candidate journey
- How employees can influence candidate attraction and retention
- Understanding the long-term impact of how you’re treating employees
- What should employers, and HR teams need to be doing at this time to care for their employees
- The best channels and ways to communicate your organisation in an authentic, believable way
- What candidates want to see from an employer
- …and much more!
Cornerstone connects the best people with great companies with our frictionless recruiting software helping to effectively discover, hire and onboard amazing talent.
Quickly find, match and onboard the right people to their perfect role using social recruitment tools, applicant tracking and simple to configure career sites.
Cornerstone has been helping organisations of all sizes and sectors engage their workforce and empower their people for over 20 years with our software that impacts every aspect of the employee experience, which ultimately translates into greater business results.