The ‘London Conversation’ is most definitely our flagship conference, and as we say every year, it’s always one of our favourites. Back as Conference Chair we had the fabulous Natasha Preocanin who lead the proceedings and it’s fair to say the event ran like clockwork. who kept the day running like clockwork and, let’s face it, is far easier on the eye than Lennox so it’s always a pleasure to see her up on stage. So good was Natasha that we even had some of our newer faces questioning who Mark Lennox was as he raised his hands for questions after each presentation. This tickled me greatly.
As always, it’s great to be holding our home conference at the Congress Centre near Tottenham Court Road and every year it proves to be a truly engaging, insightful event. The ‘London Conversation’ was a chance for 100 in-house recruiters to gather together to hear presentations and discuss their experience on a number of different in-house recruitment topics. We welcomed 6 true in-house recruitment talents to the In-house Recruitment Network who discussed their thoughts, experience and insights on the following topics:
- Enhancing your Executive Hiring Strategy – Rebecca Foden & Charlotte Lamping, TfL
- Driving Diversity & Inclusion in the Workforce – Francesca Stone & Kristin Baker, Schneider Electric
- Supercharging your referral strategy – Madeleine Luedeman, Bard & Simon Mcoughlin, Creed Communications
- The Art of Using Assessment Tools to Transform Your Recruitment Delivery – Lucy Beaumont, Korn Ferry Hay Group
- Transforming Your Talent Attraction And Retention Through Employee Culture And Engagement – Simon Wingate, reed.co.uk
- Careers sites: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly! – David Johnston, 4MAT
- The four C’s of the Grant Thornton candidate experience – David Yates, Grant Thornton
Each presentation provided us with a different angle on the challenges and best practice of in-house recruitment and provided a number of interesting talking points for the roundtable discussions that took place throughout the day. We’d like to extend a huge thank you to our ridiculously talented speakers who did a fantastic job presenting with each and every one of them instigating thought-provoking and highly valuable round-table discussions on their topics.
We’d love to say a huge thank you to our event partners reed.co.uk, HiringHub, Korn Ferry, Invenias, Creed Communications, Hireserve, Benivo and 4Mat and OnlyMarketingJobs.
For all the presentations, photos and videos, head over the event website and enjoy!