Throughout the course of lockdown the recruitment industry has pulled together in order to provide in-house recruiters, talent acquisition and other people teams with the resources needed to continue learning. SMRS, the employer marketing business, is no different. As industry friends of IHR and partner to our Employer Branding virtual conference, we want to share their recent webinar masterclass series they have created.
In the series, they focus on the importance of a strong employer brand, establishing what it is and how to communicate it in a way that reflects the business ethos, the values and what there is to offer. Your employer brand is your culture, and your culture stems from your people, so focusing on these areas, is vital.
Each business is unique in their own right, which means that every employer branding project is different with a one-size fits all approach not fit for purpose. When working with experts such as SMRS, they work to a project framework to follow the same six steps in order to deliver a creative, authentic and distinctive brand – based on insight, created with care, and delivered with intelligence:
- Talk: sit down and work out what needs to be achieved
- Dig: get under the skin of who you are, what people think of you, who you compete with, and your future plans
- Develop: use the findings to create a full picture of what you stand for and what you offer as an employer
- Express: create work that says the right things to all your audiences in a distinctive and compelling way
- Share: get your message to the right people – inside and outside your organisation – across the entire employer lifecycle
- Tune: monitor and measure your brand to see how it’s being received, and where it could be improved
For more Employer Branding insight and knowledge, why not join our Employer Branding Virtual Conference, taking place online for FREE on 25 June 09:00 – 16:00.