So there we have it, the first EVER Birmingham In-house Recruitment conference, ‘The Conversation’ and it has to be said, it was a total, unmitigated success. The feedback throughout the day from both our fabulous attendees and our wonderful event partners made us feel truly privileged to be able to bring the in-house recruitment industry events such as these.
Everyone who was with us in Birmingham should feel very proud of themselves. Not only were we lucky enough to hear and view presentations from six astounding, in-house talents, we also indulged in some incredibly interesting and intelligent round-table discussions. We have returned to London brimming with new ideas for events, whitepapers and breakfasts and we wouldn’t be so inspired if it wasn’t for every one of our fantastic network.
As always, the day was a unique opportunity for in-house recruitment professionals to gather for a full day’s binge of case studies, round-table discussions and some valuable networking time with like-minded, industry peers. Birmingham was lucky enough to have the In-house Recruitment Network’s resident celebrity, Mark ‘Lenny’ Lennox as conference chair for the day, and we must say, old Lennox does do a sterling job and the Birmingham conference was no exception. Anyone who attended yesterday would have left with some lasting memories of a couple of unfortunate verbal typos, which only added to the amazing atmosphere we experienced on the day.
Our special guest speakers shared their expertise on the following topics:
- Resourcing – what might the future hold? – Wilko
- Your global recruitment strategy – Capita
- Why your company’s candidate experience should emulate the best consumer brands experiences – eArcu
- How GWR transformed into the best In-house Recruitment team of 2015 – Great Western Railway
- Punching above your direct hire weight – Mouchel
- David vs Goliath: social media & brand ambassadors – the secret weapon in the battle of attraction between SMEs and corporates – Talend
- The art of recruitment specialist talent – King
The presentations were some of the best we’ve seen, all totally unique and packed full of fascinating statistics, live case studies and fresh ideas. Our speakers did a brilliant job with each and every one of them instigating thought-provoking, highly valuable round-table discussions on their topics.
Feeling left out?
View the speaker presentations, partner tracks & photos from the day here: