The ‘Birmingham Conversation’ has come and gone for another year and, as per usual, it was a fantastic day full to the brim of value-added conversations, award-winning speaker presentations and peer-to-peer networking.
This conference was our second Birmingham-based event at The Macdonald Burlington Hotel in the centre of the city, and I have to say, it’s always a real treat for us to visit! This event was a chance for 100 in-house recruiters to gather together to share knowledge and learn more about a plethora of current in-house recruitment topics. One of the things we truly cherish about the conferences is the fact that they sort of become agony aunt sessions, and that’s what makes our network as unique as it is! It’s always incredibly humbling to see our delegates leave a venue feeling inspired, invigorated and like a huge weight has been lifted and that’s exactly what the ‘Birmingham Conversation’ 2017 did.
We had the opportunity to hear speakers presenting on the following topics:
- World class relationship building with your Hiring Managers – Ben Gledhill, Employer Branding & Candidate Experience Manager at Manchester Metropolitan University
- What the job market looks like in 2017 – Matt Gregory, Director at Adzuna
- The Art of Using Assessment Tools to Transform Your Recruitment Delivery – Ben Hawkes, Assessment Lead at Shell
- Preparing for a post-EU jobs market – Tom Hadley, Director of Policy & Professional Services at REC
- Effectively Meeting the Demands of Volume Recruitment – Nicola Ferraby, Director of People Services at Yodel & Toby Windsor, Managing Partner at SMRS
- Talent Pooling – Why Bother? – Andrew Grier, Head of Resourcing at Saint Gobain
- Nationwide – Reimagining our candidate journey end to end – Katrina Hutchinson-O’Neill, Head of Resourcing & Claire Whiteford, Senior Manager, Resourcing Strategy & Governance at Nationwide
Each presentation was incredibly insightful and instigated a number of interesting discussion points! We’d like to say a huge thank you to our speakers, who all did a fantastic job with their topics.
For the presentations head over to the event website and keep your eyes peeled for additional content in the coming weeks. We have plenty more where the presentations came from, that’s for sure!